Curt Hermit is a space for brevity and multitudes. We embrace the cryptic, as well as the solidly straightforward. Here, lines come defined, faded, or occasionally curled at the ends. Indulge us with your honesty, and we will listen. Let’s tip the hourglass and make the most out of what sometimes seems so fleeting.
We are an online publication that aims to consistently share good writing. Of course, “good” is subjective, and as we progress, we expect to turn down many pieces that are arguably good. No matter the outcome, keep projecting your voice.
Occasionally, we will compile works for anthologies. We may broadcast themes for short periods of time. In these cases, we will call for submissions and post clear instructions and deadlines.
Currently, we want the following:
- Fiction (minimum length of 250 words and maximum length of 6,000 words)
- Creative nonfiction (minimum length of 250 words and maximum length of 6,000 words)
- Poetry (minimum length of 5 lines and maximum length of 100 lines)
- Photography (either standalone submissions or “photo essays,” in JPEG format)
- Art (minimum of 1 piece, maximum of 5 pieces, in JPEG format)
If submitting text, please send either PDFs or Word documents.
Please give us 4 months to respond to your work. If 4 months have passed and you have not heard from us, feel free to ask for an update via email. We allow simultaneous submissions, but please notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, type: Submissions [YOUR NAME/CATEGORY]. Please send a short biographical statement, and feel free to include any relevant links and social media handles.